Eric D. Schwerin
On Jun 10, 2011, at 10:16 AM, Hunter Biden <email@example.com> wrote:
Rosemont Seneca PartnersR. Hunter Biden1010 Wisconsin Av., NWSuite 705Washington, D.C. 20007202-333-1880
Begin forwarded message:From: "Cruise, Daniel" <Daniel.Cruise@alcoa.com>Date: June 9, 2011 9:09:08 PM EDTTo: "Hunter Biden" <firstname.lastname@example.org>Subject: FW: Proposal from Rosemont SenecaSome feedback below – I need to spend more time on it.Should we talk next week?
From: Cheng, Pei
Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2011 5:31 PM
To: Cruise, Daniel
Subject: RE: Proposal from Rosemont Seneca
Although I think it is an interesting way to visualize the networks and statistics that we research on a daily basis, I don’t believe the data analysis is worth the full $55,000. I think the most valuable piece for us would be the list of Russian elites connected to OD that would not otherwise be on the Government Affairs team’s radar, including various Russian Committee Heads, Union leaders, or Ministers.As for the other data, I think the Government Affairs team comes up with similar information on a regular basis, particularly the sample key statements which weren’t anything special, and interaction with countries. What are your thoughts?
From: Cruise, Daniel
Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2011 5:04 PM
To: Cheng, Pei
Subject: Re: Proposal from Rosemont Seneca
What do you think?From: Cheng, Pei
To: Cruise, Daniel
Sent: Wed Jun 08 16:01:00 2011
Subject: FW: Proposal from Rosemont SenecaDaniel,
I put together a short summary of the Rosemont Seneca proposal from Hunter Biden that you sent to me last week. Please let me know what the next steps are, thanks!
Rosemont Seneca Proposal
· Follow-up to initial meeting with Rosemont Seneca Co-Chairman Hunter Biden regarding proposal to provide Alcoa with statistical analysis of political and corporate risks, elite networks associated with Oleg Deripaska (OD), Russian CEO of Basic Element company and United Company RUSAL.
· Sample data included in proposal: List of elites of similar rank in Russia, map of OD’s networks based on frequency of interaction with selected elites and countries; key statements made in certain period of time
· Deliverables: Assessment of political risks posed to Alcoa by OD and his elite networks using data analysis specified above
· Fees: $25,000 for phase one of project, focusing solely on support/opposition networks, relationships within Russia, $55,000 for refined analysis of critical issues and mapping elite networks linked to UC Rusal and Basic Element in Russia and other countriesAlcoa and RUSAL
· Signed two year Metal Supply agreement with RUSAL for 2011-2012
· Working with RUSAL to influence Russian policy regarding protection of RUSAL semi-finished products, through increased tax duties on competing imports
· RUSAL reduced supply of High Purity Aluminium despite contract commitments, which resulted in significant challenges for Alcoa Russia.Rosemont Seneca Company Profile· Alternative investment and market advisory firm with offices in NYC and Washington, D.C, founded in June 2009
· Co-Chairmen: Hunter Biden, son of J oe Biden, and Christopher Heinz, son of late Senator H. John Heinz III; stepson of Sen. John Kerry; great-great-grandson of founder of H.J. Heinz co.
· President Eric Schwerin was White House Director of Business Liaison during the Clinton Administration
· Partners/clients include global corporations and institutions focused on energy, transportation, communications, infrastructure, technology, and investment management firms
From: Hunter Biden [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2011 10:12 AM
To: Cruise, Daniel
Subject: Proposal from Rosemont Seneca
Please see the attached proposal per our last conversation. Since we weren't able to get into it in depth in our meeting, we tried to provide a little better sense of the product by attaching some of the raw data that is produced through the elite mapping procedure. Take a look at the attached and let's discuss after you have had a time to look it over. I am happy to get some of the other folks on the phone with you if you want us to further explain some of the attachments.
R. Hunter Biden
Rosemont Seneca Partners, LLC
1010 Wisconsin Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20007